Rather than delete the original post I made here, I decided to just leave it below and give you and update on things.
Things have actually changed quite a bit since 2011 when I originally started this blog.
* In December of 2012 I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. With that diagnosis, and with my doctor’s recommendation, my working career came to an abrupt halt. So, Mid Missouri Networks is no longer.
* We shut down HotTrax Radio a couple of years ago. It was fun while it lasted, but it was costing way too much for the limited income that was coming into our household.
* For now, I’ve stopped doing Android Development. I still like it, I just don’t see the need right now.
* Lacking for technological stimuli, I have renewed my interest and involvement in Ham Radio. I was originally licensed quite a few years ago, but drifted away from it. I am now fully involved again and am finding it to be fascinating, with all the new facets to be explored.
* I am involved now in working with micro controllers like the Arduino. I have several projects currently on the boards.
* I am still deeply involved with supporting my aunt. She’s doing well for her age, and given my condition, will probably outlive ME! LOL 😀
* Through my recent re-affiliation with Ham Radio, I have met quite a few new people and made many new friends! Those who are just visiting my blog for the first time will probably find it quite weird. I know they will just say, “Yep, he’s just as strange as we thought!” LMAO! ;^)
There’s probably more I could add now, but I’m not sure what it would be. Regardless, I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Feel free to comment on things here as you will!
<——————————- Original Post ———————————->
Hi there, I’m Bill and I’m a geek-a-saurus rex!
Having made that admission I will tell you that I personally don’t find that to be a bad thing. The world needs technologists and so having this inclination, I’m sure I can find my place to give back something of value.
I am constantly involved in a number of technologies, some for fun, and others for profit. Yes, I am a man of many roles:
- I own and operate and am the chief technologist for HotTrax Radio. This is fun and challenging as I often find myself doing more people “handling” than anything else! Occasionally, you might even find me there in disquise, knocking out a radio show or two (or three) a week. Check us out, we’re a crazy, whacky, yet mostly harmless bunch of people!
- For HotTrax, I also do website and database development, as well as developing a custom integrated Visual Basic application called the HotTrax Remote.
- I also own and operate Mid Missouri Networks, a technology consulting firm. I do network and PC construction, maintenance and repair and end user support. Look me up over on CrossLoop.com if I can be of service.
- As part of my role at Mid Missouri Networks, I am also an Android Application developer and have at least two different applications under development at the moment.
In the non-technical side of my life, I provide close to full time caregiving to my aunt.
I love learning about current and new technologies and strive to keep myself up to speed in relevant products so that I can provide high quality services across the board. (Oh yeah, did I mention that I love to have fun while doing that? )
I hope you enjoy reading my ramblings. Please feel free to register and comment at your leisure. Welcome to my world!